We cannot survive without water! Depending on your age, gender, and health, your body is around 50-70% water.
Staying properly hydrated is necessary for your overall health. Not only does water play an important role in your digestion and circulation, it’s also vital for your skin’s health and beauty.
The amount of water you want to drink is enough for your pee to go clear. Usually this equates to 1-3 litres a day, however everyones body composition and rate of replenishment is slightly different, so the best indicator for me is checking the colour of my pee. If it’s clear – you’re doing well.
Your skin is the largest organ in the body and is made up of mostly water. Without water, your skin will not be able to function at its optimum. Some of the signs that you are dehydrated will include chapped lips, sunken eyes, dullness, skin texture changes where your skin will appear crepey and crinkly and you will be prone to more breakouts and the skin will also start to feel itchy.
For your skin’s sake, it’s one of the easiest and best beauty treatments you can do. No, you might not be able to get rid of all your favorite beauty products and aesthetic procedures just because you’re drinking more water, but it will certainly help.
Here are 5 reasons why you should be drinking more water:
- Natural Detoxer
- Water is the river in which great health flows. Water helps to deliver nutrients to our cells, aids digestion and rids our bodies of waste and toxins by flushing them out
- Fewer wrinkles and Tightens the skin
- One of the most significant contributors to wrinkling is the degradation and loss of collagen.
- All the enzymes and components in the skin, such as hyaluronic acid and collagen, need a fluid-like environment to function and do their job of structuring your skin.
- Drinking more water will keep your collagen hydrated, and wrinkles at bay.
- Faster healing
- If there isn’t enough moisture at the site of healing, cells can’t move around efficiently enough to heal the wound quickly. It also prevents enough oxygen and essential nutrients getting to the site.
- The oil production in skin is also disturbed when the skin is dehydrated.
- Consuming enough water will help you ensure that your skin is well equipped to heal quicker and more efficiently, especially with conditions like acne.
- Radiant skin
- Your skin is a collection of cells. If those cells don’t get enough water to hold their shape, they’ll cause irregularities in your skin’s color and texture, leading to dry, flaky and dull skin
- When cells have a constant supply of water fueled by adequate drinking, the consistency translates to glowing and healthier skin.
- Reduced pores
- The main cause of enlarged pores is excessive oil production.
- The more water you drink, the better balance of oil and water on the surface of your skin. This can help reduce your pore size, decrease acne breakouts, and reduce blemishes.
- It improves the skin’s elasticity, and also assists in flushing excess oils out of the pores.
So, how do you make sure you’re getting enough water? Click on the link below if you need help with great and easy ways to remind yourself to drink more water